Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Back in Civilization

I start a new job today - my first in three years! I am a bit nervous and anxious - what if I don't do well? I'm afraid I won't learn fast enough and all of that. Anyway, we'll see how it goes. I do think this is positive because it will give me less time to anguish about my ex. However, now I'll have to start worrying about all those things like visible panty lines again. It has been nice to not have to worry about those matters - throw on a pair of jeans because I'm just at home or at one of the boy's sporting events. I guess I'm rejoining the world again. (I hope my panty lines don't show on my first day - I'll have to buy new underwear!)

Today I am grateful:

1. That I have a job.
2. That someone gave me a chance to start over and prove myself.
3. That after everything I've gotten through, a work orientation should be a piece of cake.
4. That I will have an opportunity to meet new people.
5. That a new door is opening in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you. I remember my first job after my divorce--it really gave me a lot of confidence in myself. You are going to love it!!

    ReplyDelete