Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summer Clearance - School Supplies

The other day, Tue. the 7th, I stopped in at my local Walgreen's to use the cash station as my oldest was going to the Great America Theme Park and I wanted him to have enough money. While I was there I figured I'd pick up a needed pair of gardening gloves. I was happy to see that they had some, at a reduced price. So I got six pairs (two packages) for only $1.50.

As I was checking out I joked with the cashier that here it was, still in the heat of summer and all the summer merchandise was already on clearance. I asked her if they were planning on putting out the Halloween stuff. She informed me that it was the back-to-school supplies, some of which are already out! Then she joked back to me that the kids in our town just got out of school and here we are selling the supplies again. It was funny and I laughed at the absurdity of it all. How we rush through life to take on whatever chapter lies ahead. Sad really.

I was grateful to be able to laugh and have a moment not dwelling on my house situation. Then I thought about how no matter what ends up happening with that, the one thing I can be certain of is that time is marching on. Whether we are still living in our house or the new apartment come Halloween, Halloween will arrive. And the day after, all the Christmas decorations will start to be stocked!

Today I am grateful:

1. For the beautiful moon shrouded in the clouds I saw tonight.
2. That my sons are safe from their trips to Great America and downtown Chicago.
3. That I was able to buy my youngest a 6 x 8 rug in blue for his room (which he really needed and at a good price since I used my store employee discount).
4. That the weather is still on the cool side and we don't need to worry about air conditioning.
5. For Swedish Fish candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment