I was approved for leasing the apartment I applied at and one is on hold for me with a tentative move-in date of October. I am beyond relieved but still struggling to deal with all that is on my plate - packing up the house, downsizing, trying to sell the house. There is still the possibility that we will renegotiate with the lender and stay here but I am not sure that is the best alternative at this point.
As weird as this seems, even when my husband was in such poor health, I still felt that he and I were a team and that I was not alone. Having to face life and all the recent challenges of foreclosure, etc. on my own is an indescribable challenge for me. It is a far more difficult task than facing my husband's death because even though a part of me knew he was probably going to die, he was still alive and I had him by my side.
I am sad that my life has taken such a trying turn when it is already tough enough just being a widowed mom. I wish I had been spared some of this hardship but it doesn't seem that wishing for an easier time of things is of much benefit. Life is what it is right now.
Today I am grateful:
1. For getting approved to lease the apartment.
2. For knowing that we'll have a place to live and WILL NOT be homeless and having to rely on staying with friends.
3. For the cooler weather today since it makes working in the house easier.
4. That I live in a safe, very attractive community with excellent schools, parks, shopping - the whole package!
5. That my sons are hanging in there with all that they have had to go through.