Thursday, May 21, 2009

Saving Grace

Today I received notification that the boys are temporarily covered under our State's health insurance program, while my application is being processed. The coverage is even retroactive so basically the boys were only without coverage for two weeks (and it would have only been a week if I'd been promptly notified of my divorce filing so I could have applied for the insurance sooner). This is such a relief to me! I didn't realize how much I was worried about the lack of insurance for the boys until today's mail and receiving this news. It has been a constant source of anxiety for me, especially since the boys are participating in sports - the kind of concern that has kept me up at night.

Being in this position makes me so much aware of how much we need to modify our health care system. Thank goodness there was some coverage available to me that I could apply for. I know that many employers are only offering part-time employment right now due to the Recession so there will be more folks like me in this situation.

Today I am grateful:

1. For the insurance coverage my boys are now receiving (I hope I can rest easier tonight).
2. For something that worked out (finally) to my advantage.
3. For my ability to stay focused on the boys and their needs - in the end that has to remain my number one priority.
4. That thankfully nothing serious happened during the time we didn't have health insurance coverage.
5. That small graces like this can provide huge impetus to continue forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment