Monday, January 5, 2009

Things I miss about being married:

1. Having someone to wake up with in bed beside me.

2. Sharing daily parenting responsibilities.

3. Face-to-face adult conversation over breakfast and dinner.

4. Getting compliments that I look nice, or my outfit looks good, or my hair is pretty.

5. Having someone to snuggle against in bed during the night.

6. Being able to call my husband to ask him to stop at the store on the way home from work for milk, eggs, butter, bread...

7. A pair of strong arms to do half the snow shoveling.

8. Someone to lean on, especially when the going is tough.

9. Having a ready and willing "exterminator" around who isn't afraid to kill spiders and pickup poor dead mice who have fallen victim to the kitties.

10. Having someone bring me aspirin and tea when I'm not feeling well.

11. Reading the paper together over Sunday breakfast.

12. Having someone take out the garbage/recycling, fill the gas tank and to call when the car sounds funny and I don't know what to do.

13. Getting cards and flowers on my birthday, Valentine's Day and Mother's Day.

14. Being able to ask someone to check out the funny noise I heard down the hall after we're in bed.

15. Kissing hello and kissing goodbye.

16. Going to school events together.

17. Having someone to complain about when I'm out with girlfriends.

18. Getting into disagreements and then making up.

19. Hearing another perspective and realizing that my way of doing things/thinking aren't always better.

20. Going to bed with someone at the end of a long day and feeling safe and secure because of the man beside me.

*****New Addition*****

The end of each blog post will list at least 3 things I am thankful for.

Today I am thankful:

1. That it was 31 degrees and not -3.

2. That most of the snow has melted.

3. That the sun came out.

4. That we got through the holidays without too much sadness and disappointment.

5. That I still believe in love and hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment