Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Abundance

I am starting to feel a little frantic over the financial situation. I returned two items for $11.00 so I could get potatoes, a box of cat food, bath tissue and dish soap. I was actually upset that the chain store I was in did not have dish soap for $1.00 - the cheapest bottle was $1.79. I contemplated going to the dollar store afterward, but ended up getting the soap because I just wanted to get home. Forget those nice big packages of 12-roll bath tissue. I got the single roll for 79 cents! At this point I don't think I have anything left to return.

Yesterday I cashed in $35.00 of pennies and loose change but I only have one stash of pennies left and it might not even be worth $10.00. We still have a week to go until the pension check comes in. I do know we can count on canned soup with cheese and crackers. And there is a $25.00 gift card for Chili's left over from Christmas. Basically, I am finding that it is exhausting to be poor. Everything I am doing to come up with a few dollars so I can fill the car halfway with gas or buy potatoes to go with dinner is tiring and draining. I call it creative financing!

I went to one of my career counseling appointments yesterday and was inspired by the affirmations in my counselor's office. One was "Abundance." My counselor explained that the Universe is abundant and I will find a job because one will be available for me. All very inspiring until I went to look at the job listings and the only one for my field of Human Services was for an addictions counselor 50 miles away. I was actually considering applying but I have to be realistic that the job would just be too far away. Also, I spoke with both attorneys yesterday. We have a mediation date for mid-Feb. and I am going ahead and filing some needed probate action for the house. After meeting with the career counselor and then talking at length with both attorneys I was additionally drained.

Today I am thankful:

1. That we have food for dinner.
2. That the temperature is in the upper 20s and the sun was out.
3. That someone in my life cared enough about me to call and ask how I was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment