Saturday, January 17, 2009

A better mood

The boys asked for some spending money today and it was terrible to tell them that I could not give them any. Then I rounded up a bagful of pennies and ran them over to the bank ending up with $18.74 so each boy got $9.00 for a movie out with friends. I was proud of my resourcefulness and that I did not have to disappoint them. Next time I might not be able to come up with a way to obtain a few dollars.

I was lucky to be taken out to dinner two nights in a row (yesterday and today). My dark mood has lifted somewhat - I was able to enjoy both dinners, what a treat! Driving home tonight we went past the two homes of my childhood and the memorial for my late husband. I was very moved to see all these places. They were a reminder of how far I have come and how much I have endured as well as inspiration that life does carry on. People move, grow up, survive tragedy.

Today I am thankful:

1. That even in the middle of hardship there can be pleasures like dinners out.
2. For the special people in my life who have stood by my side through this difficult time.
3. For the magic just one drink with dinner can accomplish.
4. For being able to look forward to tomorrow because it will involve time spent with someone dear.
5. For recognizing that time spent with someone just putting away holiday decorations can be better than any expensive dinner or receiving flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment