Junk King hauled away the four large furniture pieces at 10 a.m. Shortly later, the two scrap scavenger guys came to haul away the metal, a large file cabinet and the extra refrigerator in the garage. Just now the first dumpster was picked up and the second dropped off. As the overflowing dumpster was put onto the truck, I thought about all the useless junk that was in it. A whole garage full of broken toys and bits and pieces of old toy parts. Old sports equipment, holiday decorations, outdated baby items. I was certainly expecting more treasures as I cleared out the garage but so far nothing has turned up.
I wonder if part of my being buried in so much stuff was the result of me wanting to bury myself. If I was buried, I wouldn't be able to move on to a new life without my deceased husband. This thought has crossed my mind the past few days as I've cleaned out the garage. I suppose the garage would still be in the state it was in if I hadn't been forced to clean it because of the move. Maybe it is a good thing that I am being forced to move and to move on.
Today I am grateful:
1. For all the very nice service workers who have helped me with this move.
2. For the assistance my close girlfriend and guyfriend have given me with moving.
3. For having sold the house (knock on wood until the closing is completed!).
4. For the bright moonlight through my bedroom window. I will miss that when I move.
5. For the church chimes and train whistles I hear from my home. I'll miss those comforting sounds too.