Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day

I am feeling down about Mother's Day. Like I am being excluded from this big party I should be going to but have been denied admission to. I won't get anything and we can't afford to go out for a meal - or to even get takeout someplace.

I think about those fortunate moms who'll be treated to brunch wearing cute new summer outfits. I'd even be grateful for a husband who'd run into the grocery store for a bunch of flowers and box of candy for a duty gift. Anything is better than nothing!

It's hard to be an only parent. I know I sound like a broken record because I talk about this a lot. But to have to shoulder everything day after day and then endure a day celebrating motherhood and you get passed by when you're actually functioning in SUPERMOM capacity. Well, there just seems totally unfair and almost cruel about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment