Sunday, April 25, 2010

Life Lessons

I was recently asked the question of what I had learned from my parents as a life lesson or lessons and was upset that I could not really come up with anything specific. So I decided to ask my sons what they had learned from me and this is how they responded.

My youngest first said that he had learned from me by example, not so much by anything I told him. He related that I had taught him about perseverance and to never give up.

My oldest first replied that I had taught him to never talk to strangers. But when I asked him to go a little deeper his response was that I had taught him to never put down or judge others.

I felt some peace of mind with these answers because they are lessons I am proud to have given my boys, despite the life circumstances that resulted in them being taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment